Thursday, October 09, 2008

GAME OVER


Last Monday I joined my colleagues to a badminton game in Cubao with the possibility that I could have my wall climbing while they are playing. The gym is the one that I mentioned in my blog about 2 years ago, it has eight badminton courts and on the far side it has wall climbing structure. They advised me to bring along my racket in case the wall is occupied and to maximize our court reservation of 3 hours. There were only five of us, we played doubles with a reserved player for whoever gets tired even within the set. And after more than an hour of smashing and picking shuttle cocks, we insintively decided to rest. The wall is unoccupied and the staff is just sitting on the side texting his hours away. I approached him and asked about climbing the wall which lead to talking about brigades, associations and fire alarms--he is a fellow fire fighter. To cut is short while still having a briefing to scale the wall a colleague waved at me and signaled time. We have to cut short--GAME OVER.

No comments: