Thursday, June 12, 2008

D Day!


While browsing my dashboard I found this link that intrigues me, its says Drawing Day. I clicked on the link and there I found another kind of event to promote art and more advocacies in the process. Drawing Day is a worldwide drawing event encouraging everyone to drop everything and draw for the sake of art. Too bad i can't even grip the pencil well now.

Last night is my first official sleep over at the headquarters, I got my new duty schedule. Anticipating there'll be no fire alarms, I thought the long wait of my new set of color pencil will come to an end. I have a lot of subjects in my mind as I force my stuff into my so-called jump kit: hanging bunkers and trousers, helmets, boots, the shack, the tanker, people working, pedestrians, the lamp post, the list is never ending. As soon as I reached the hq, I unpacked my sleeping bag (no, it's not inside my jump kit, I hand carried it Ü), laid out all my provisions, sat on the sleeping bag then I said to myself, yes I will start with my fire boots. So I got up and picked up my trousers (which already has my boots in it to facilitate efficient donning). I stared blankly at my boots then I realized I wish to draw something else, I also realized that I don't like my boots and that I want another brand (well, I'm saving for it now and that's another story). Again I stared blankly, glanced at my stuff, packed them back and wished everyone good night.


Drawing Day 2008

No comments: